Friday, July 8, 2011

a melodic reflection

there are always those songs that reflect certain points in your life, and there have been several out just recently that speak directly to me, and all the things that are happening in my life at the moment; its scary. it's like these artists have invaded my core, reaching inside and pulling out the things you want to express although you can't. the things that ball up and become a lump in your throat; a constant reminder of all the things that are too difficult to say.

le sigh. i have a soundtrack to my life. as i am sure most people do. here is a sneak peak of mine. this is the insight into the love life of ruby (saying that in the most non emo way that can possibly be said). I should mention that whilst i have had a bit of a flop in terms of my love life, i have also had complete and utter freedom of being able to do the things i want to do. things like going to the philippines on an exchange. going to south america. being able to explore the world on my own terms; unattached and without responsibility to anyone else. It's a bit of a mixed bag really, but in all honesty, i am enjoying being free, however it doesn't make these songs less true to me either.








No comments:

Post a Comment