Monday, September 19, 2011

For you and I are past our dancing days...



just last week, i fell in love.
I fell in love with the Australian Ballet, I fell in love with beautiful set designs, I fell in love with amazing dancing, and I fell head over heels once again with Romeo and Juliet, and their tragic romance.

I went with Sally, Emmah and Stephanie to see the Australian Ballet's production of Romeo and Juliet last Monday night and began to feel quite fancy sitting second row from the front during their charity 'never before seen' preview of the new choreography.

I have to say i concur with everything dear Sally had to say in her blog about the performance. unfortunately I have not been gifted with poetic articulation like her to be able to describe the production.

What I can tell you is that the ball room scene was beyond beautiful, and i forgot myself for a brief amount of time, lost completely in the movement and tale.
The Balcony scene was beyond perfect in its beauty. So perfect in fact that i shed a secret tear, which i quickly covered up. I know, it sounds so lame and cliched, but it really was moving, and I am such an adoring fan of the story of Romeo and Juliet.




No comments:

Post a Comment